Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver
Gamepath SAW LDN Ltd, (“Gamepath/US”) operates escape room experiences. The participant (“You”) acknowledges that, prior to signing this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver, You have been given the opportunity to review this agreement, ask questions, and (if requested by You in advance of your visit and agreed to by us) inspect and have a clear understanding of the facilities, equipment and areas to be used for the EXPERIENCE (as defined below). Upon signing this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver, You recognize and agree to the following disclaimers.
Gamepath SAW LDN Ltd, reserves the right to refuse entry or remove any Customer from the Attraction for any reason, without a refund or readmittance. We operate a zero tolerance policy on harassment. Customers must not, under any circumstances, touch or talk to any of the staff, servers or performers in an inappropriate manner. Management retains absolute discretion to decide what is ‘inappropriate’.
- Disclaimer for personal injury or death
SAW: ESCAPE EXPERIENCE LONDON (the “EXPERIENCE”) is based on the SAW horror film franchise and therefore contains elements of horror and shock and depictions of torture and violence as well as some physically challenging aspects. You recognize and acknowledge that the EXPERIENCE includes adult content and further acknowledge that the films upon which the EXPERIENCE is based have been rated “18” by the BBFC (for a variety of reasons). The EXPERIENCE will include some mental stress, being confined in and/or having to crawl or otherwise move through small dark spaces either alone or with other people, some moving of heavy objects and will contain smoke effects, strobe and flashing lights as well as loud and disturbing sound effects and jump scares. The experience is not suitable for anyone with photosensitive epilepsy or any other photosensitivity.
Therefore the EXPERIENCE carries with it risks that Gamepath cannot entirely eliminate and so includes the risk of personal injury.
- You must act responsibly and sensibly at all times.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to participate or older than 16 years of age but attending with a Parent or Guardian who will explain the risks to you, take responsibility for your attendance and co-sign this Disclaimer.
- You must not participate if You are pregnant, have hypertension, have claustrophobia, have photosensitive epilepsy or any other photosensitivity, be under the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs, have a heart condition or are of a nervous disposition. By signing this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver You represent and warrant that You are not in this state and do not have any of these or similar conditions.
- You must not participate if You have any physical or mental illness that precludes You from participation in the EXPERIENCE in a safe manner for You and others, including, but not limited to, any infectious illnesses. By signing this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver You represent and warrant that You do not have any of these or similar conditions.
- You must not participate if You are currently feeling ill or have been exposed to any communicable illnesses that could put other participants or EXPERIENCE employees at risk of communicable illness. You agree to assume all liability, and indemnify Gamepath fully, if you knowingly expose an EXPERIENCE employee or other participant to a communicable illness in the EXPERIENCE. You hereby acknowledge that any interaction with the general public poses an elevated risk of being exposed to any illness, including, but not limited to, COVID-19, and Gamepath and Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. and its parents subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, agents, and employees (collectively, “Lionsgate”) cannot guarantee that You will not be exposed during your visit at the EXPERIENCE. By signing this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver You represent and warrant that You do not have any of these or similar conditions.
- You must follow any safety warnings or instructions displayed or given to you by a member of staff and You should ask that member of staff for assistance if You are unclear.
- Gamepath is not qualified to express an opinion that You are fit to safely participate. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating.
Participation in the Experience is entirely at your risk. You recognize and agree that participation in the EXPERIENCE could result in injuries to You and in the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by Gamepath, You assume full responsibility for, the risk of, bodily injury or death arising from non-negligence by Gamepath, including but not limited to, its owners, employees, or contractors related to the EXPERIENCE conducted by Gamepath.
You acknowledge that You are voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, participating in the EXPERIENCE despite the risk of falls, contact and/or crashes with other participants or actors, , the conditions of the room (including closed spaces, light deprivation, and sound and light effects), and mental stress and anxiety and You intend for your signature to serve as confirmation of your complete acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Event Disclaimer and Filming Waiver.
- Disclaimer for use of props and re; use of LATEX
You are responsible for using props safely and as directed. You must behave sensibly and follow any safety instructions so as not to hurt or injure yourself or others. Please note that the EXPERIENCE contains some props made of latex. If You have any concerns about handling latex then You should raise this with a member of staff PRIOR to entering the EXPERIENCE. It is your responsibility to ensure that handling props will not adversely affect your wellbeing.
You recognize and agree that the use of props or equipment during the EXPERIENCE is entirely at your own risk.
- Disclaimer for loss or damage to property
In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, You recognize and agree that Gamepath including but not limited to, its owners, employees, or contractors is not responsible for any theft, damage, destruction or loss of your property or belongings experienced while using our facilities.
- CCTV and Filming of the Experience
CCTV is in operation throughout the venue.
All aspects of each performance of the EXPERIENCE are filmed. The film of the part of the EXPERIENCE set in the lift/elevator is then purchasable by all other attendees at the EXPERIENCE. You consent to being photographed or filmed as a member of the audience/participant and you consent to the resulting materials being sold, commercially exploited or distributed, published and used in communications, without payment, copyright or any further recourse to You by Gamepath and Lionsgate and You waive all moral rights in such films and recordings in perpetuity.
Lionsgate shall own all right, title and interest in and to any footage, photographs and/or other recordings of You and Your contributions in connection therewith (the “Materials”). The Materials shall constitute work made for hire or if for any reason not considered to be a work made for hire, You hereby assign to Lionsgate all right, title and interest therein. You understand Lionsgate is incurring expenses and/or undertaking commitments in reliance upon the foregoing You agree that You shall seek to enjoin or restrain, the production or exploitation of the Materials (or any productions in which the Materials are incorporated) or any advertising, promotion, publicity or other materials produced in connection with the Materials.
Lionsgate and Gamepath shall have the unrestricted right to edit and modify the Materials and You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, moral rights, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, distortion, illusionary effect, and/or faulty reproduction, and/or use in any composite form of the Materials. You shall indemnify and hold harmless Lionsgate, Gamepath, and their officers, directors, members, shareholders, agents, employees, representatives, heirs, successors, licensors, and assigns, from any and all actions, claims, loss, damages, and other costs and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to Your breach of any representations, warranties, or agreements herein.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This Disclaimer and Waiver and any matters arising in connection with it shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS STATEMENT BEFORE SIGNING. IF THERE IS ANY TERM THAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THEN PLEASE DISCUSS IT WITH GAMEPATH BEFORE SIGNING.